Blue & White Fashion Inspiration



Lately I've been really drawn to classic blue and white patterns and wanted to share a few fashion illustrations I've come up with alongside inspirational images. As a former product designer and stylist who has assembled her fair share of color and trend reports, I can tell you that typically fashion influences trends and theres a trickle down effect starting from the fashion runways to home and product design. This however is one of the rare occasions where the opposite is the case. Classic blue and white china patterns, tiles and traditional toile prints are popping up throughout womenswear and I'm not only loving it but inspired!

1. New bridal fashion illustration I drew with gouache and pencil on brown craft paper. I actually shared this photo on Instagram this past weekend and it quickly became my most "liked" photo to date! She may soon be added to the shop, but I've yet to scan her. As of now I'm enjoying the illustration displayed above my desk.

2. Stunning runway look from Igor Gulyaev's spring 2014 collection.

3. Porcelain plate wallpaper featuring a collection of blue and white Dutch tableware.

4. Classic blue floral toile wallpaper.

5. Two weeks ago while traveling around Spain I instagrammed this photo of a bun sketch on one of my business cards in front of beautiful hand painted blue and white wall tiles of Botin in Madrid, the worlds oldest restaurant (according to the Guiness Book of World Records, dates back to 1725!)

6. The newest fashion illustration print added to my Etsy shop Brooklit. The silhouette of the dress is reminiscent of a Halston Heritage mini dress but for the fabric and print, clearly I ran with my favorite inspiration of the moment and painted a blue and white floral.

Here are some similar post you may have missed:

-Met Gala Inspired Illustrations 
-Custom Fashion Illustration Gifts for Love Gold
-Braid Bar Illustrations for Dream Dry and Teen Vogue

Leave a Comment

Unknown said...

Serious talent!!

THE DENVER BURTS said...

Love, love, love these! Great inspiration!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your updates AND your fantastic spot on fashion tips and insight...OH! and your illustrations are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous! So beautiful and vibrant. Love the inspiration

ColoredVogue said...

Pretty illustrations
Love them all
Xx

Brooke Hagel said...

Thank you everyone!I!

Isthiey said...

Very interest illustrasions.. Can i seen again?
Where i go to seen that?? 👍👍😊😉