Designer Sketches for NYFW Fall 2014 {Part 3}



Today concludes New York Fashion Week and I'm wrapping it up with the last part of my designer sketch round up. These are designers that successfully chose to sketch groups of fashion illustrations together in a single layout. First up (shown above) is the always adorable Tibi. Although very different from my own style, I've always been a fan of Tibi's playful and loose illustration style.
Ralph Lauren is up next with two beautiful illustrations painted on craft paper. I love the contrast here of the white gowns and blond hair against the tan brown paper. The collection showed this morning and as expected it was absolutely stunning! I suggest you take a look.
Last up is this great group of sketches by Peter Som. These are penned sketches with minimal coloring placed in the skin and hair. This is something that I often do when rendering thumbnail sketches for clients. Coloring in only the skin tone is a quick way to make the garment design stand out.

You can check out WWD and NY Mag for more designer illustrations and inspiration from New York Fashion Week and for previous Fabulous Doodles picks, click on over to Part 1 and Part 2.

These illustrations are all by the credited designers but over the weekend I'm going to edit a post of the sketches that I drew at Lincoln Center while sketching for NYFW sponsor Samsung!

(Illustrations by Designers)

Leave a Comment