Costume Design: Water for Elephants



As you may already know, I have a serious weakness for costume design, so stumbling upon actual "working sketches" is always a treat. Pair that with sketches from a good period piece and I'm in heaven.
I found these sketches by costume designer Jacqueline West for Water for Elephants in People and knew I had to share them here, and go see the movie already. Reese Witherspoon's wardrobe was sensational and worth the ticket price alone. I couldn't get enough of those 1930s bias-cut silk charmeuse gowns, feathered and beaded "show numbers," finger waved hair styles and art-deco jewels.
(And 2 hours of Rob Pattinson on the big screen isn't so bad either!)

Leave a Comment

Unknown said...

you are amazing!

Brooke Hagel said...

Thank you but I didn't do these! They're by the costume designer, Jacqueline West. :)

William Drummond said...

Love it! I just did one myself of Atonement, check it out:

www.willdrummond.blogspot.com

fotoclipping said...

Illustrations for fashion Design are cool!! you can modify colors easily,

Graphic Design Outsourcing

Hannah Greene said...

These are wonderful! Jaqueline West is such a brilliant designer, so subtle and controlled. These renderings just make me happy.

famous fashion designing company chennai india said...

I have read this post. This post is a nice one that similar to fashion designing company chennai and fashion designing company india. That I will inform about your post to my friends and all the best for your future post..